Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chinese Meds

So, the medical saga continues. Current medical issues: Small painful lump in my hand right below the middle finger on my palm side, several brown spots on my left foot, and a small lump right below my right ear lobe between my ear and my neck.

I went to see a Chinese doctor (who practices Chinese medicine, which is different from most western medical ideas). He diagnosed that I am actually suffering from an extremely bad cold. A cold which I may have had for almost a year now! This cold has seriously lower my immune system and made be susceptible to getting sick. (hence the past year of frequent illness). The small lump by my ear/neck is a limp node, slightly swollen do to the cold. Since my immune system is low I was more susceptible to issues in the weather change and walking around in the damp I have a small fungus on my foot now. The lump is kind of like a knot that formed around a nerve in my hand, but a really really intense knot where it is actually as hard as a rock (I almost thought it was bone). This is a result of compounded stress, anxiety... and I guess I have poor blood circulation lol.

For the cold I'm being treated with this really disgusting tasting powder medicine three times a day after meals (think of like a giant horse pill full of nasty tasting herbal vitamin stuff, but with out the capsule, just straight powder). For the foot fungus I have to apply this yellow liquid stuff via cotton ball that smells like alcohol for 20 min a day, is should go away within two weeks. The lump in the hand is the hardest. A few times a day I need to spray the equivalent to bengay on my hand then using a cut piece of ginger massage the painful lump. This may take up to 2 months to fully heal.

Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment